We’ve all seen the adorable, Valentine’s Day-ready decor trend that’s sweeping the socials: the dish towel bow. We’re suckers for bows in any form, so we’re thrilled to add a touch of this girly inspiration to our kitchen!
It’s so simple that anyone can do it — all you need to get started is a set of two coordinating dish towels, tea towels, or hand towels and a handle. (Bow-pro tip: If you don’t have handle-style hardware on your kitchen cabinets, then look to your oven or dishwasher, which are both prime real estate for a bit of bow love!) Let’s get started!
1. Get two matching dish towels. (We’re using these adorable Painted Hearts hand towels from our Valentine’s Day shop!)
2. Set one towel aside, and fold the remaining towel into thirds long-ways. This towel will become the inside of your bow.
3. With your folded towel face-down, take the top edge and fold it toward the center. Repeat with the bottom edge, so both ends meet in the middle to form a compact rectangle. Set this towel aside.
4. Grab your second towel, and fold this one into thirds length-wise just like you did with the first towel. This will become your bow’s tail. After folding, keep the towel lying face-down with the open edge toward you — this will ensure the hem remains hidden. Now get your first towel — the bow piece you folded in step 3 — and place it fold-side down onto your second towel. It will sit about 3/4 of the way down.
5. Take the top edge of your bottom towel and fold it in half, pulling it over the bow towel. The top of the bow should rest perfectly in the fold.
6. Pick up your folded towels, and tuck the hanging ends through your handle-of-choice. Be sure to pull both ends through until they compress the inner towel — scrunching it into a bow shape. Then fluff and adjust as necessary!
Voila! Now you have your very own dish towel bow!
While we love how this looks for Valentine’s Day, we’re also looking forward to accessorizing our kitchen with hand-folded towel bows all spring long — maybe we’ll even adorn the guest bathroom! Where will you add a bow? Share your ideas below!
2 responses to “How to Recreate the Viral Dish Towel Bow”
Love love love this!!!